CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 31, 2009

Typing before writing!



Okay, I should have guessed this would be the case with how common computers are now. I can see definite progression with Lana in terms of reading skills: she loves to make up stories and finish the sentences in her books based on memory. As for writing, I haven't spent much time with her practicing this but I just let her draw all of the time. About a month ago, she was playing one of the computer games she likes and she asked me, "where is the 'n'?" I realized that she was playing on the computer when she asked this so I came to see what she was doing. She was typing her name in the prompt! As I got closer, she found the letter 'n' and then finish her name typing the letter 'a' a few too many times. This week, I saw her doing it again. She plays with the case, too. It's funny because she always starts out with lower case and then wants to make the other letters upper case. I am impressed with her typing her name before she can write it!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

That's funny David learned how to spell his name by us enouraging him to type it in the computer...but Lana took it a step Further by doing it all by herself! SMART GIRL!