CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Wild Side



We have been going to one of the larger county parks for a long time... long before it was a developed county park. My brother learned to drive in it, we fished in it, Justin used to have BB-gun wars in it, and we used to Mountain Bike there as a couple ... now we take our kids there.

I love this park because it still has a wild side that most of the people don't venture into even though the park is much, much busier these days. We frequently have magical encounters there and the animals and plants are abundant. In addition to so many plants that you all could care less about unless you were geeky about it like me, they have wild walnuts, hickory, pecans, blueberries, blackberries and persimmons. It's just such a neat place with so many environments and several favorite spots that I call my "magic places", where I feel so alive and have had some neat experiences with the nature there.

Anyway, we go hiking there frequently but last week we took Lana out to gather some wild blackberries. It was a ton of fun and she really enjoys it. It will be so neat when Daphne is big enough for us to resume our hiking trips there again.





1 comments:

Goodrow Gang said...

Awesome pictures...now I am having camera envy...so what type of camera did you use?