CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 31, 2009

Back on Track

Well, I just wanted to comment briefly on my running status. As many of you remember that I started running last July with a goal of running a 5k for the first time ever.
http://rempesretreat.blogspot.com/2008/07/new-challenge-for-amanda.html
As many of you know, I was blessed with pregnancy and had to put that goal on hold. I just wanted to let you all know that I am back! After my c-section on May 20, I receive clearance from the doc to start exercising again. So I started July 6, about a year exactly from when I started running last year! I am happy to say that I was able to accelerate my training program and last night I ran 30 minutes straight without stopping! I believe I had just reached this goal last year when I learned I was pregnant! This is a major accomplishment for me as I was never a good runner (always tried to run too fast and couldn'tbreath properly) even though I've biked and hiked and done aerobics. I am on my way to my first 5k!!!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Yea! I am so proud of you!

Goodrow Gang said...

GO Amanda go!!1