CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Where have we been?



Our last post was July 31! I am not sure what I was doing other than chasing the family around and trying to keep my head above water. It was a lot of fun, that's for sure. I am a hardware transition here with computers and cameras, so I will try to get some pictures posted of the happenings of 2009 soon... maybe a "Year in Review" sort of post. Until then, I just wanted to get a couple of things up here so I can share it with family that is looking for updates on the girls.




I finally fixed my scanner. I was motivated to do so because Lana's drawings have just went through some amazing transition. Where she previously doodled and then experimented with drawing simple faces, now she has more more recognizable drawings with many different techniques. In the past, I have sometimes talked her through some drawings... if she asked how to make a turtle then I might tell her to draw a big circle for the body then add a head, tail, and legs. It is also important to note that she did not receive any help on these drawings and was self-directed. I post two of her drawings from this past week.




The first drawing are "bugs" that she drew... some are happy and some are angry. She seems to enjoy drawing and then deciding what it was after the drawing is complete... instead of drawing a specific object.




The next drawing did not scan as well as I liked, but I love the "person" in the drawing. She even has toes!

It is so amazing to see Lana and all her friends develop! I love how they are all so imaginative! It is a blessing to learn from these children.

0 comments: