CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A New Path


Many of you know that I began running at the beginning of July. I started with only the experience of having ran for one minute consecutively in the past. I never liked it, but necessity to find a sport I can do anywhere, anytime, and with anyone pushed me to look at running again.

I finished week 4 by running with my friend, Julie. Julie is an experienced runner with many years under her belt and I really appreciate her continued support and her hands-on consultation Friday. I learned some good tips!

Today I started my 5th week of running and it's really going better than expected. The daily run schedule for this week inlcudes 2 min of walking amd 8 min of running (times three). So, I ran 24 minutes this morning! I'm really happy. I planned to do my first race in mid-October but I'm thinking that September is possible now.

3 comments:

Goodrow Gang said...

LOVE the pict and LOVE how much you have improved! So proud of you and your accomplishments. Running with you was so much fun (even if it was at O-dark-thirty in the morning). Can't wait to do it again! The experience belt needs to be dusted off, but thanks for the compliment.

Andrea said...

Funny picture! Hey, I thought you and I both agreed Nike's are too narrow for our feet? What happened?

The Rempe Family said...

She got some new shoes yesterday. I may say "Damn the torpedoes" and start running on pavement myself, even if it is harder on my knees. I need to get my Dr Pepper love handles under control...

~Justin